I skipped a few weeks due to the craziness of starting a new job. However, new job means we can definitely afford to go to Disney in January! Woohoo! In celebration, Duffy got a new hoodie. He’s now ready for a day in the Animal Kingdom and riding Dinosaur!
I did manage to make a countdown for Week #38, I just didn’t have time to write a post.
Plan for Dining
This week, I’ve been thinking a lot about dining…the next step in creating our general schedule. I’ll need to be ready to make my ADRs (advanced dining reservations) sometime in July, I believe. You can start making dining reservations 180 days before your trip.
I was torn between doing a quick service (Disney language for fast food) option for every meal, or if we wanted to do one table service meal per day. I’ve decided on a compromise: one table service meal per park! This will translate to roughly a table service meal every other day.
We are also going to allow one repeated restaurant (QS or TS) per park.
My primary focus is on table service since those are the ones that require the ADRs. One per park means I have four table service restaurants I need to decide on. We’ve already made some decisions:
- Epcot- The Coral Reef: This will fill both a table service spot AND the repeat spot. We had a great experience at the Coral Reef last time. Despite my dislike of seafood, this ranked very high on both of our lists. The food was good, but the view, service and atmosphere were amazing. All of our quick service choices will be in the World Showcase.
- Magic Kingdom- Skipper’s Canteen: Obviously! I’ve knew we were going to eat here since before this restaurant opened. It’s the new restaurant themed around the Jungle Cruise. Definitely a must-do for us. Our repeat at Magic Kingdom will be Be Our Guest.
- Animal Kingdom- Still deciding!
- Hollywood Studios- Our table service choice will be the 50’s Prime Time Cafe. Our repeat will be Starring Rolls- the sandwich we got was delicious and the perfect size to share.
I used part of an Amazon gift card to order two Disney guides: The Imagineering Field Guide to Animal Kingdom and The Imagineering Field Guide Hollywood Studios. The guides are old, but they contain a lot of information about the thematic decisions behind a lot of the scenery/decorative choices, and trivia about the fun details.
Upcoming Master To Do List
- Try a new recipe
- Find my unofficial guidebook
- Start adding to the binder
- Watch another movie
- Work on the general schedule
2 of 6!!
We finally got to watch another movie! We went to the library and they had Big Hero 6 available. We loved it. It didn’t make me cry as much as other Pixar films, but it made me laugh out loud quite a few times. Baymax is adorable.
Resource of the Week
WDW Virtual Visit
None- No time! I’ve watched a couple of live Facebook streams by Character Queen.
Question for the Readers
If you had to choose one restaurant per park, what would you pick?