So Much Star Wars:
Hollywood Studios definitely needed a pick me up, and I’m so happy the release of Star Wars is providing that. While the new land is still being built, some new diversions have appeared in the parks.
- Star Wars Launch Bay- Part exhibit gallery and part character Meet & Greet, the Launch Bay focuses on both old and new Star Wars. They also have some merchandise. I saw a Periscope video that showed the Storm Troopers just wandering (well, marching? guarding?) the front area. I loved seeing the character moving around without a line! I’ve also heard on forums that you can TRADE with the Jawas. If you give them something small and shiny, they will return the favor- so NEAT.
- New updates to Star Tours- They’ve added sequences from the new movie to the attraction.
- Symphony in the Stars- DHS got a new Star Wars themed firework show!
- Themed Food- There are some Star Wars themed snacks as well.
For the Animal Kingdom:
- New Restaurant- A new table service dining option is coming to Animal Kingdom. It is supposed to be inspired by the concept of travel and menu options are rumored to likely be similar to Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Tiffin’s will have both indoor and outdoor seating, and a waterfront view. Tiffin’s will be opening sometime in 2016.
- Rivers of Light- A nighttime show is coming to Animal Kingdom during the first have of this year. Rivers of Light is going be focused on color, fire and water (no noisy fireworks for the animals). Many have speculated it will use similar technology to World of Color (Disneyland). There have also been hints at another, smaller, nighttime show centered around the Tree of Life “coming alive”. These shows will extend the park hours as AK previously closed early.
- Nighttime Safari- Adding to the nighttime fun at AK is a new nighttime safari that will feature a couple new animals.
The Jungle Cruise themed restaurant is open, but you cannot schedule an ADR yet (but they are coming soon). Reviews so far have been mixed, but overall seem positive. They will probably be tweaking the menu in the months ahead, but the atmosphere seems well-liked.
- (As expected) Lights! Motors! Action! will be closing in April. Thank goodness I saw it last January. It will be closing to make room for the new lands.