Here’s something that combines my love of postal mail with my love of Disney!
Liners (those who use the Touring Plans) spread the Disney magic by mailing children of other Liners, who will be headed to Disney soon, a postcard from their favorite character or Mickey Mouse.
Here’s what happens:
- A family of Liners planning their Disney vacation add their email address and trip dates to a database
- Liners who are about to go to Disney check the database and volunteer to become a Fairy Godmailer for a family or two.
- When the Fairy Godmailers are in the parks, they send a postcard (or sometimes small trinkets too) addressed to the children of the family. The postcards are either from Mickey or from their favorite character. The cards say something like “I heard you were coming to visit” or “See you real soon”. Some volunteers attempt to replicate the characters autograph. Other volunteers have been known to get a legitimate autograph in the parks.
- The Fairy Godmailers then send the the postcard (or package) from the parks.
- The child(ren) get a postcard from their favorite characters right before their trip!
New Goal: Be a Fairy Godmailer!
- Record ride order on park map
- Eat a Disney Cupcake (that’s not the Grey Stuff)
- Get three autographs
- Buy a pair of earrings from a country in the world showcase (not Mexico)
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- See Festival of the Lion King
- Watch the Main Street Electrical Parade
- Take photos and record info for three excellent experiences with Cast Members, so I can give them a shout-out after
- Eat dessert poop in Animal Kingdom (They removed this from the park; rumor has it they planned to reformulate; but if they don’t this goal will need to be removed).
- Three photos of us (either Jimmy or I) per day
- Be a Fairy Godmailer!