My third challenge is the 2013 Mystery/Crime Challenge.
I went in a completely different direction for this challenge than I originally intended. I’m a huge fan of classic mystery novels…Poirot and Sherlock Holmes are two of my favorite fictional characters ever. However, I’m a fan of modern crime shows…Bones, Castle, Haven, Body of Proof…much of what I watch, really. My reading, on the other hand, when it comes to crimes/mystery is very much limited to the traditional mystery novels (and heavy on the Agatha Christie).
So, for this challenge, I avoided those. As I said, I’m a fan of the show Castle. Castle, for those of you who don’t know, has a poker club with other mystery writers (and the real authors make guest appearances on the show, which is awesome). I’ve never read any of the authors in his club, but I’d really like to know what they are all about. Therefore:
1) Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
2) The Tin Collectors by Stephen J. Cannell
3) A Drink Before the War by Dennis Lehane
4) The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
5) Frozen Heat by Richard Castle (I do read these novels, but I’m throwing in the new one for good measure)