So, I just had to hunt this down on facebook, since that’s the last place I wrote down the recipe and a few years ago at that, in the note section. Instead of hunting it down again a few days from now when I go to make it, I’m going to post it here for easy access!
This year, I told Tad & Jimmy that they could each pick one pie for me to make…and I’d also pick one. They both picked my blueberry pie…we have it every year as it’s their favorite. So, take that as a testament to its yumminess. 🙂
2 Pie Crusts (a good one is important!)
4 c. Blueberries (divided; alternatively you can do 3 c. blueberries and 1 c. cranberry…I prefer this variation, but the boys prefer blueberry)
1 tbsp. Flour
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. Lemon juice
1/2 c. White Sugar
1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/3 tsp. Almond Extract
1) Bake 1 Pie Shell til just golden (cook as package suggests, if using premade).
2) Combine flour, butter, lemon juice, sugars, cinnamon, and extracts in a saucepan.
3) Add 2 cups of blueberries (or 1.5 c. blueberries and 1 c. cranberries)
4) Bring to boil over medium heat. Cook to desired consistency.
5) Add remaining blueberries (still uncooked) to the pie crust you baked.
6) Pour blueberry sauce mixture over fresh blueberries.
7) Create a lattice top w/ other pie crust (let it warm on the counter, cut into strips…it’s easy, you can find directions online)
8) Cook at 350 until top is cooked to desired color.