It’s time to start pondering the Thanksgiving meal plan…
Two parts of the meal I don’t have to worry about:
- Turkey- It’s a tradition for Jimmy & Tad to make the turkey- brined and grilled. Hands down, they make the best turkey I’ve ever tasted. This year they are doing a cranberry-orange brine, instead of the apple they’ve been using.
- Stuffing- Tad makes his own interesting stuffing-type-thing
Alright…now, to start planning…this is totally subject to change in subsequent posts, fyi…
- Veggie platter
- Cheese & crackers
- Possibly a dessert tray I fell in love with at Fresh Market
- Pioneer Woman’s Creamy Mashed Potatoes (of course!)
- Homemade Applesauce
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Autumn Salad (thinking spinach, apples, walnuts, bleu cheese, mustard viniagrette, maybe some pepitas)
- Rolls (still looking for a recipe for this, suggestions?)
- Undetermined Pies…the boys love pie, but they always have me make the same kinds. Therefore, this year we will have 3 pies…each of the boys gets to pick a pie, and I get to pick one too. Yes, we’ll be eating pie until Sunday…
- Cookies…a few different holiday cookies from holiday cookie magazine…the cinnamon coins I made before from that magazine came out fantastic…so they are likely to make another appearance…cookies are definitely one of my cooking strengths
- Vanilla ice cream (for the pie, of course)
It may surprise you to know that there are only 3 of us planning on partaking in this menu….but, that’s okay…the accepted plan is to make enough food to last us until Sunday.
I’m SO looking forward to Thanksgiving….5 days of cooking, eating, a new Sims expansion pack, Christmas music and Christmas movies (after the Thanksgiving movies, of course…I could never skip the Peanuts gang on the Mayflower!).
If you have any recipe ideas (or simply food suggestions), please comment. I need excuses to cook even more food.